S0lvengel's Book of Secret's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is my BOS, I've made it available to my family and special friends like YOU. Please treat it with respect.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to this little corner. Please remember to read the TOS and introduce yourself in the meet and greet section with your own topic thread.
Enjoy looking around and please don't be afraid to ask questions or add your own info.
Blessings to old and new friends.
Only those that come in love and lite will be welcomed within.
There will be alot of links for sites I have found very helpful over all my years of searching for my own path.
if you wish to stay a member PLEASE post so that I can get your IP so I don't bann you by accident
When a member joins I only request that you read and post in the TOS that you have read it. This is MY BOS, treat it with respect.
After reading and posting in the TOS PLEASE post in a NEW THREAD your greeting DO NOT add to an existing thread.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:30 pm

Gemstone Magick- Witches and Pagans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
S0lvengel
Cunning folk
Cunning folk
S0lvengel

Gemstone Magick- Witches and Pagans  Empty
PostSubject: Gemstone Magick- Witches and Pagans    Gemstone Magick- Witches and Pagans  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 pm

GEMS AND STONES-
From ancient times to civilized times precious and semi-precious stones have always held our fascination. Their beauty is natural and everlasting. Natural Magickians have recognized this beauty and fascination and have used stones in their magick for centuries. They give an extra push of energy onto your desired goal.
Stones are used for many purposes including Meditation, Divination, Healing, magickal oil blends or even crushed in some incense recipes. All gems,stones, crystals hold their own energies or "vibrations". They respond instantly to the expressed intent of your will. Gem properties are easy for a beginner to master and help build both self confidence and self esteem. There are no rules that you must follow and don't let anyone tell you that there is! It is a personal journey within yourself and you can learn to use stones in just the right way for you.
You can carry them, burn them, add them to your favorite magickal oil blend, place them around the home, in the car, at the office , anywhere you feel the energies are wanted. We ourselves are still learning all about the wonderous ways of gems and stones. A journey that we hope will never end! Stones predate humans by centuries and can show us our true selves because of that fact. They are symbols for forces far beyond words or cold-hard facts. They are there to show us what is already there within and around ourselves.
There are various uses for the beautiful stones. It is up to you how they are used. This is a mystical journey, no magick is needed other than that of your possession of whichever stone you choose. Get to know each stones properties, learn how these stones can enrich both your personal and spiritual life in unlimited wondrous ways.

CHOOSING YOUR GEMSTONE-
One of the most often asked questions about gemstone magick is:

"How do I choose my stone/gem/crystal?"

And the most common answer is:
"Don't worry. They choose you"

As stated before, stones and gems have their own particular vibration and energy.When you are really serious about finding your stone you will understand this. If you have a chance to plunge your hand into a large barrel of different stones, you will know which ones just "feel" right. Some people experience a feeling of heat when holding a certain stone, others say they feel happy or safe when holding a certain stone. Sometimes its: "It just caught my eye and no matter what I did I couldn't get it out of my mind." That's what is meant by a stone finding you.
A good start in finding the right stone is if you have a goal in mind for the stone. Since there are such a great number of stones available this helps limit your choices. Know the properties of each stone and you will find the one you are looking for; the right shade and shape will become important to you too.
If there is no goal in mind, you just want or need a "special little stone", see which one jumps out at you, or pass your hand over several stones and feel the energy that comes to you. Try meditating for the right one. Again, knowing the properties of stones may help you in this. The different shapes of the stones will be an impotrtant factor in choosing your stones.

ROUND-
Round shaped gems and stones are a symbol of magick and its workings. The means for the opening of psychic awareness and spirituality. Receptive to all powers. Used in all attraction wishes such as love, money and spirituality.

SQUARE-
Square shaped stones are masculine in nature and generally considered to be used for building or creating something new or altering something old. A form of stability and endurance.

TRIANGULAR-
Triangles are a sign of the three points of humankind; the mind, body and spirit. Able to discern between the four elements. Used primarily for repelling and neutralizing negativity, and for gathering and releasing of all the energies for your intended desire.

PEAR-
Pear shapes are a combination of both the round and triangle. Used primarily in associations with the element of Water, it is both receptive and projective. A great shape for balancing of emotions or any wish dealing with psychism or Faerie Magick.

ROD-
Rod shaped or Wand shaped are a sign of masculinity. Also commonly referred to as "phallic". Projective energies, used primarily for a wish for someone, for the intent to be projected towards another.

PROGRAMMING YOUR STONE-
Now that you have chosen your stone, it is time for programming it. Programming involves implementing your energy and will into the stone of your choice. However, it is very important to first cleanse the stone. The stones and gems are extremely receptive to vibrations and that includes negative ones. The stone you have chosen may have passed through other hands before reaching you. You must get rid of any other energies the stone may have picked up and make it "yours".
There are many different methods for cleansing a stone and again it is important to know all you can about your particular stone as some methods may be destructive to some soft stones and gems. The most frequently used method seems to be the one using water and sun.
This method involves holding the stone under running water (spring or well water preferably) and with the use of visualization, banishing all negative and foreign vibrations and leaving the stone clear with it's own energies. Instead of drying it with a cloth, place it to dry in the sun. If at night place in the full light of the moon. Both the sun and the moon are powerful sources of natural clear energies.
For stones that are too soft to put under running water, cleanse by passing through the smoke of sage or any other appropriate herb while meditating and focusing on banishing the negative energies and replacing with your own energies.
Another way is to bury the stone of your choice in the earth. Since the earth is the origin of the stone, the natural energies of Mother Earth will cleanse the stone of all negativity. Some say for three days, some say for a week.....you do whatever feels right to you. Also be aware of the moon when burying your stone. The phase of the moon can play a large part in the effectiveness of the cleansing. Still another way of cleansing a stone is to immerse it in salt water, salt being the symbol of the earth's energies, and let it dry naturally in the sun.
Back to top Go down

Gemstone Magick- Witches and Pagans
Page 1 of 1