S0lvengel's Book of Secret's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is my BOS, I've made it available to my family and special friends like YOU. Please treat it with respect.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to this little corner. Please remember to read the TOS and introduce yourself in the meet and greet section with your own topic thread.
Enjoy looking around and please don't be afraid to ask questions or add your own info.
Blessings to old and new friends.
Only those that come in love and lite will be welcomed within.
There will be alot of links for sites I have found very helpful over all my years of searching for my own path.
if you wish to stay a member PLEASE post so that I can get your IP so I don't bann you by accident
When a member joins I only request that you read and post in the TOS that you have read it. This is MY BOS, treat it with respect.
After reading and posting in the TOS PLEASE post in a NEW THREAD your greeting DO NOT add to an existing thread.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 251 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:30 pm

How To Pickle Cucumbers [Refrigerator Pickles] by MATT JABS ·

Go down 
AuthorMessage
S0lvengel
Cunning folk
Cunning folk
S0lvengel

How To Pickle Cucumbers [Refrigerator Pickles] by MATT JABS ·  Empty
PostSubject: How To Pickle Cucumbers [Refrigerator Pickles] by MATT JABS ·    How To Pickle Cucumbers [Refrigerator Pickles] by MATT JABS ·  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Homemade refrigerator dill pickles

This recipe was derived from a lot of personal taste testing trial and error. Out of all the recipes I’ve tried, this is the best. Try it, I think you’ll agree – most folks do. You don’t need a canner, we’re not going to cook these pickles, they’re called “refrigerator pickles” because you let the vinegar and other ingredients tenderize and flavor the cucumbers with no need for cooking. You end up with crispy, fresh, delicious pickles that have all the raw nutrients in tact.

This is all you need to make your own.

1 quart jar with a metal (or plastic) lid
3 pickling cucumbers
5 sprigs of fresh dill
2-4 cloves of garlic crushed and minced (or scapes) – do to taste, we use 4
3 Tbsp white vinegar
1/2 – 1 Tbsp kosher salt to taste (I use 3/4 Tbsp)
distilled or spring water (enough to top off jar)

All you do is cut the pickles into discs or sandwich slices and add to the jar with all ingredients except the water. Once everything is in the jar, fill to the very top with distilled or spring water and put the lid on very tightly. Now shake the jar up and place on top of the refrigerator for 24 hours. After 24 hours shake again and turn upside down for another 24 hours (make sure the lid is on very tight to avoid leaking.) After the 2nd 24 hours you can taste your creation and simply place them in the fridge and enjoy!

I’m not sure how long they last in the fridge since they aren’t cooked, but ours never last long enough to go bad. I think the longest we’ve had them around was a month or better, and they’re still delicious, crunchy, and safe. If I had to guess I would wager to say they will last for at least three months or better.

We reuse the mixture until it loses it’s flavor potency (do to your taste) by topping it off w/a touch more vinegar and making up the difference by filling with water.

thanks go to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

How To Pickle Cucumbers [Refrigerator Pickles] by MATT JABS ·
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S0lvengel's Book of Secret's :: Around the house :: What's Cooking?-
Jump to: